Friday, July 6, 2012

An Introduction...

Hello and Welcome to my blog! I was born, raised and still live in the metro Atlanta area. I'm in my early 30's and have been married to my sweet, wonderful husband for almost 4 years. I'm a substitute teacher looking for a full time teaching job. In my free time I enjoy being lazy, playing with my dogs, going to fine arts events in the city, traveling and spending time with good friends.

As a child I heard lots of stories from my parents and grandparents about their childhoods and families and always dreamed about getting married and having my own large family. After a lot of searching for  my prince charming, I finally found him! We enjoyed our first years of marriage; getting to sleep in, travel and do lots of "grown up" things that we know will be gone with the wind once kids appear.

In April of 2011 we started trying to have a baby. More than a year later we are still trying. The last 15 + months have been exciting, stressful, emotional and most of all isolating. Now, I know that this last part is my choice. If I wanted to I could post every last detail of my infertility on facebook or let my parents share with all of their friends what is going on, but I choose not to. In our society it's not socially acceptable to answer someone's question of "what's going on?" with, "Well, I just had a miscarriage after a year of trying to have a baby". I know our close friends would be more than happy to support me and my husband in this journey, but I am just not comfortable sharing all the details of our infertility.

So, why do I want to publish a blog that the world will see? I want to be a part of a community of women (or couples) that can understand what we are going through. I also feel that writing down my journey with infertility will not only be therapeutic but perhaps help someone else going through the same or similar journey.

During the next couple weeks I'll update the blog with experiences we've had in the last year + and then update with where we are in our process.

Thanks for reading and traveling with me on my journey!

Peach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment